Back to news
Mid-Year YHA Getaways
Great value deals and adventure packages around Australia
Apollo Bay Best of Both Deals
Action or relaxation? Idyllic Apollo Bay, between the rainforest of the Otways and the rugged Great Ocean Road, gives you the best of both worlds. And with Apollo Bay Eco YHA offering three nights for the price of two, there's never been a better time for some mid-year R&R or adventure. Choose from two getaways...
Apollo Bay Body & Soul Getaway
Stay three nights and pay for only two nights at Apollo Bay Eco YHA. Not only that, we'll provide inspiration and information for you to take advantage of Apollo Bay's tranquil to dos including:
- yoga and meditation
- spa packages
- self-guided beach, waterfall, rainforest and lookout walks
- paddle with the platypus
Apollo Bay Adrenalin Getaway
If you prefer to warm up with a little action (or a lot), then stay three nights for the prive of two nights at Apollo Bay Eco YHA and you'll have extra time to fit in all the adventures this seaside town has to offer. We've popped down just a few suggestions below to whet your action appetite...
- Otway Fly Treetop Walk and zipline
- Planet Mud Adventures including inflatable globe riding, segway off-roading, and paintball
- sea kayaking to the seal colony
- mountain bike tours from rainforest to beach
- extreme forest mountain biking
- 4WD or Argo all-terrain vehicles through the water, rainforest and fer gullies of the Otways
- deep sea fishing
- flightseeing or helicopter rides over the 12 Apostles
- Great Ocean Walk
- horse riding along the scenic coastline
Both getaways are priced from $60 multi-share, $170 double/twin room, or from $220 per family room. Book Winter 2012 Deal when you select 3 nights online. Valid to 21 September 2012, excluding school holidays 30 June - 15 July. Own transport required.
Canberra Winter Warmers
Free attractions: blockbuster exhibitions in top museums, thrilling sports events, and ever popular festivals including Fireside, Floriade, and the Nara Candle Festival. There's always something happening in the capital, and whether you're looking for a short break or a family friendly getaway you can experience it all with these Canberra City YHA pacakges. Choose from...
Canberra City Break
- Two night's accommodation at Canberra City YHA
- Daily breakfast
- Half-day bike hire
- One-day WiFi usage
- Bonus $10 special pizza and drink meal at Transit Bar (under the YHA)
Four-share room from $85 per person or double/twin from $199 per room. Valid to 30 September 2012.
Canberra Family Fun 3 in 1
- One night's family room accommodation at Canberra City YHA
- Hot breakfast in Bytes Cafe
- One Family 3-in-1 Fun Pass giving two adults and up to three children entry to Questacon, the Australian Institute of Sport, and Cockington Green Gardens.
Priced from $260 per family room and from $175 per family ensuite room. Based on two adults and two children. Extra child from $36. Valid to 31 October 2012.
Contact Canberra City YHA
Cairns Pure Magic
Escape to tropical Cairns for the ultimate short break to defrost from the winter chill. This package will have you basking in the sun and getting friendly with the underwater world's colourful creatures on a unique pontoon experience. Priced from $234, the package includes:
- Two nights multi-share at Cairns Central YHA
- Full-day at Marine World with snorkelling, glass-bottom boat, semi-submersible vessels and lunch
- FREE introductory dive and EMC
Valid to 31 March 2013.
Port Elliot Ocean Adventure
South Australia's southern coastline is a breathtaking mix of pristine sandy beaches, rugged cliffs, surf breaks, secluded bays and sea life. Marvel at the majestiva Southern Right whales from the balcony of chic Port Elliot Beach House YHA, as they spend their winter months around the Fleurieu Peninsula. Then take to the water for a seriously thrilling ocean adventure on a Big Duck Tour for a close-up view of the whales, seals, dolphins and soaring cliffs.
Port Elliot YHA's Ocean Adventure package starts from $100 per person and includes:
- 2 nights multi-share accommodation at Port Elliot YHA
- Plus a Big Duck Boat Tour
Upgrades to private rooms available. Valid to 31 October 2012. Excludes October Labour Day weekend.
Contact Port Elliot Beach House YHA to book.
Cape Leveque Explorer
It may be famous for its golden beaches, but Broome is also where the iconic red dirt of the Aussie outback meets the sparkling blue ocean. This great-value package from Kimberley Klub YHA in Broome gives you a taste of both.
Highlights include the glimmering pearl church altar at Beagle Bay, a local aquaculture hatchery, the epic tidal flows of the Kimberley Coast, insight into Indigenous life on the coast, and an afternoon free to swim, snorkel, or ramble among the rockpools of this oft-overlooked corner of WA.
The package is priced at $293 per person and includes:
- Two nights multi-share accommodation at Kimberley Klub YHA in Broome
- Full day Cape Leveque tour with lunch, morning and afternoon tea
- Community entry fees
- Snorkelling equipment
Valid to 31 March 2013.
Grampians 3 for 2 Deal
Beautiful Grampians National Park is made for mid-year mini breaks. Get off the beaten track and let loose on a canyoning, rock climbing, horse riding or 4WD adventure, or tackle some of the country's great walks - don't miss The Balconies or stunning Mackenzie Falls. Then follow-up the fun and fresh air with a warming glass of local wine in front of the wood heater at Grampians Eco YHA in Halls Gap.
Stay two nights and get your third night absolutely free - that means you can stay:
- from $56 per person multi-share
- from $160 for a twin/double room
- from $196 for a family room
Valid to 20 September 2012.
Horse around in Cape Tribulation
Mid-year is the perfect time to go troppo. Head to Far North Queensland to enjoy the picturesque beaches of Cape Tribulation, the Daintree's tropical gorges, canopy walkways and croc-infested waters.
This horse-riding adventure is the perfect way to get amongst nature and escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Priced from $130 per person, the deal includes:
- Two nights multi-share accommodation at Cape Trib Beach House YHA
- Breakfast daily
- Cape Tribulation horse ride tour
Valid to 31 March 2013.
Port Stephens Cruise n Dunes
Only 2.5 hours north of Sydney, Port Stephens makes the perfect escape this season. With a harbour double the size of Sydney's, national parks, wineries, plus and A-Z of activities including kayaking, quad biking, horse riding and diving, it's easy to spend several days here. COmbine scenic cruise with all the action of whale watching season, and get your thrills on four wheels flying fown 40 metre sunes in the grand "Sahara by the Sea".
Priced from $175, Port Stephens YHA is offering all this and more:
- Three nights mixed dorm accommodation at Port Stephens YHA - Samurai Beach Bungalows
- Three hour whale watching cruise
- 1.5 hour 4WD tour with sand boarding
- One day bike hire
- Free WiFi for the duration of your stay (conditions apply)
Valid to 27 September 2012. Room upgrades available at additional cost. Transport options available at additional cost.
Contact Port Stephens YHA direct to book.